Ants are the most diverse type of pest on the planet. While ants are extremely different from one another, they do have some common traits which are elbowed (bent) antennae, slender waists that connect to a bulbous head, and abdomen, and six legs that they walk with. Ants are smart and their keen sense of attraction to food brings them very close to humans.
How To Recognize Carpenter Ants?
They are 1/4 to 3/8 inches long, dark brown or black but some may be red or yellow. These ants have one node in the middle of their waist and around the thorax when viewed from the side.
Carpenter ants destroy the wood which causes a huge loss because buying new ones takes lots of money and effort. We are a trustable company which provides carpenter ants control and exterminators in Vancouver.
Where Carpenter Ants Build Their Nests?
Since the Vancouver climate is mild, we can expect to have problems with carpenter ants. They can cause a lot of stress and grief for homeowners or business places. Expensive wood will be useless because of these insects.
What Signs Of Carpenter Ants In Your Properties?
You should be worried if you see a lot of ants flying around near the windows and doors, this is a sign that you have ants in your house. If there are some small holes on the walls and floors, then you must check for carpenter ants. You should not ignore them because they can be very damaging to your home or business place.
The best way to get rid of carpenter ants is to find their nest and destroy it. The nest is usually made up of wood that has been chewed by the ants so they can make tunnels inside it to transport food and other things. You may find some small piles of sawdust or wood shavings in several places in your house which indicate that there are carpenter ants there. Also, if you are hearing scratching sounds at night then you have some carpenter ant problems.
Their nests are usually found under stumps, decks, sills, and dead trees where moisture is present all year long.
In case you live in Vancouver and have problems with carpenter ants, schedule a free inspection online now.
How Can You Control Carpenter Ants On Your Own?
- The best way to control carpenter ants is to find the nest and destroy it. You should make sure that you are wearing protective clothing and use the proper equipment when searching for the nest. It will help you save time and money as well. If you find the nest, then you can kill all of the ants inside it with pesticides or other chemicals. However, be very careful when using these chemicals because they may cause harm to your family members or pets if they accidentally touch them or breathe them in.
- You can use some traps to get rid of carpenter ants from your home or business place. The most common traps are ant baits, ant stakes, and ant gels which attract the insects and kill them in a few days.
- If you have carpenter ants problems in your home or business place in Vancouver, then we can offer you a professional solution for this problem.
Don’t wait until it’s too late! Call us today!
- Ant baits are a good way to kill carpenter ants. You can buy them from most hardware or home improvement stores, or you can make your own using foods that the ants like such as peanut butter, bacon bits, and oatmeal. You should place these baits wherever you have seen ants, especially near ant trails. They will carry the food back to their nests and feed other members of the colony who will eat it as well. Once they eat it, they will die within a few days because of the poison in the bait. Ant stakes work in much the same way except that you stick them into soft soil where ants are living.
- Another solution is to use ant baits to lure the ants away from your house and into an area where they will not bother you.
Carpenter Ants Treatment In Vancouver
Are you worried about Ants? We have the best solutions for you. Ants look like fascinating creatures to the eyes, but they are unbearable pests once they find their way to your home or business place. They are not only annoying but also damage your property. These creepy and tiny bugs seem to get in from the smallest cracks in your walls. Ants are not less than a nightmare. They enter your property from small holes. Almost 12000 species of these pests are found globally. We are providing best services of ants control and exterminator in Vancouver.
If you live in Vancouver and face problems regarding pests, our pest control services are here for you as we do our work with full intention and faith. Customer mental satisfaction is our top priority. We have completed many projects and delivered 100% results.