Food establishments are more vulnerable to pests. They can cause several problems, including food poisoning and contamination, damage to equipment, etc. It is crucial to keep pests out of buildings, detect and eliminate them, and halt food contamination in order to limit the dangers they pose.
You may not mind them at first when they are just flying or crawling around, but as they gain strength and confidence, they start to swarm. What’s more annoying is that these pests don’t discriminate based on where they are found. They will attack any organic material that seems to serve as food or shelter. We compile professional services at affordable rates for commercial pest control.
Why Get Rid of Pests?Exterminating bugs is essential for a healthy food establishment. Let’s start with the basics: Bugs eat our food, spiders, and other arthropods. You can prevent bugs from breeding and spreading diseases by limiting these food sources. If you want to protect your office and property, it is essential to get rid of pests. Pests can be a real hassle and can even take up residence inside our office. If you’re experiencing problems with ants, termites, roaches, mice, or other pests, commercial pest control near me should be your first choice.
What kinds of businesses include commercial pest control?The Law Insider defines the commercial sector as “non-manufacturing business establishments, including hotels, restaurants, wholesale businesses, retail stores, warehouses, storage facilities, and health, social, and educational institutions.” Structural pests like rodents, birds, carpenter ants, cockroaches, and flies can be a serious problem for business owners. Rodents, birds, and carpenter ants can cause structural damage to properties. Rodents can cause structural damage to properties through gnawing and building nests. They also build nests inside furniture like sofas, couches, and seats by gnawing and burrowing into them. Whenever they find an entry point, like holes around the plumbing system under sinks, they start removing insulation and tunneling through it to access attics and other parts of the building and build their nests. If you leave a pile of newspapers on your property for a long time, it’s a good place for mice to build their nest. Rodents, cockroaches, and flies can put employees and customers at health risk by carrying disease causing agents. Pests can also harm the reputation of a business. Seeing a cockroach on the dining table when you are eating in a restaurant is a nightmare for both the customer and the business owner. When we receive your call, we visit the site and its staff to gather information about pest species, reasons for pest activity, and history of pest problems. The success of a pest management plan depends totally on the accuracy of the information we have collected. There are different species of structural pests, and each of them has specific biology, behavior, and management requirements. A mistake in pest identification can lead to unsuitable control methods, wasted time and money, and unwanted risks to the public and the environment. Our unique selling proposition is having an entomology expert with a doctoral degree who trains the technicians and helps them identify the problem accurately and prepare effective pest management plans.
Businesses pest control categories:
Restaurants and Food Pest Control
Wine, liquor, and Beverage store
Restaurant, Café, Caterer, Private Chef
Retail Pest Control
Chain Natural Products Store
Supermarket, Grocery, Convenience Store
Hospitality Pest Control
Hotel, Resort, Airline
Education Pest Control
University, Collage, School, daycare
Healthcare, Medical, Pharmaceutical & Pet Pest Control
Medical office, Walk-in clinic
Chain Drug Store, Pharmacy
Pet Supply Store, Grooming
Pet Products, Animal Nutrition
Farm & Cannabis Pest Control
Warehousing, Logistics, Transportation Pest Control
Importer, Exporter company
Raw Ingredient Producer, Supplier
Commercial Office Buildings
Financial Institution, Investment Bank
Businesses pest control categories:
What should businesses do to prevent pest infestation?The guidelines on this page for commercial pest control activities are not exhaustive—the size and complexity of a business will determine what pest control measures it needs. Call us for a free consultation and inspection. The following tips are taken from Inspection Canada:
- A building’s exterior is maintained such that it is bird, insect, and rodent-proof, and holes, cracks, and other structural damage are repaired to prevent pests from nesting.
- Swarming insects are discouraged from coming near the building by placing exterior lights away from it.
- The fence should be kept free of debris and vegetation.
- The building should be kept away from debris, vegetation, and stored materials.
- Standing water is prevented from occurring on paved and low-lying areas by keeping them well-drained.
- To avoid pests getting attracted to the dock areas, product spillage must be avoided.
- Install insect barriers such as air curtains or plastic.
- Gutter areas must be free of debris to prevent pest garbage.
- Nesting and roosting locations are eliminated.
- The facility through air intakes and exhaust fans should be sealed not to enter insects and rodents
- When doors and windows are not in use, they are well sealed.
- A screen must have at least 16 mesh.
- All the entrances should be provided with self-closing doors.
- Using light colored floor and wall materials to make rat droppings and insect detection easier.
- Equipment, tables, and utensils are kept clean and sanitary.
- Pests are prevented from building up due to the presence of lids on all waste containers.
- There are no food scraps and everything must be cleaned in the lunchroom, locker rooms, or washrooms.
You can apply a number of control measures:
- Rodent and insect problems can be reduced using physical control measures such as traps and electrocutioners.
- Flying insects, such as fruit flies, houseflies, and moths, may be controlled using insecticides made out of electrocutors.
- Rodent traps may be positioned around the building’s exterior and interior to detect infestations and manage them.
- A number of pesticides have been approved by Health Canada for use in food establishments to help reduce or eradicate pests. Pest control chemicals should be stored in secure containers to prevent contamination of food
What is the process of our commercial pest control
Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
You’ll get the most comprehensive integrated commercial pest management service available, which combines all available methods of avoiding pests.
Service Area Commercial Pest ControlCommercial Pest Control services the Metro Vancouver area.
- North Vancouver
- West vancouver
- Port Coquitlam
- Port Moody
- New Westminster